Rosemary Murphy – Director
I was raised on the shores of St. George’s Bay, outside of Antigonish, NS, where I learned the joy and value of growing, cooking and eating fresh, vibrant food from my parents. My mother is an excellent cook and avid gardener, but also a painter who sees beauty and meaning in the natural world. My father, a photographer and film maker, loves hunting for field mushrooms and celebrating with picnics. Food has remained a strong and vital thread throughout my life. I worked in a plant nursery for several years while studying, volunteered on organic farms in France and Spain, worked in restaurants in Nova Scotia and Toronto, and did an internship working in outreach and education with The Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network).
– Co-owner/Manager, The Townhouse Brewpub & Eatery (2012-2018)
– President, Board of Directors, Our Food Store (multi-producer, online CSA program)(2015-2016)
– Education and Outreach coordinator, ACORN – Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network (2009-2010)
– Worked/volunteered in community radio (CFXU and CFUV)
– Board of directors, STFX Art Gallery (2005-2006)
– Owner/Manager, Cafe B2G (2001-2003)